SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR
INTERESTED IN BEING A SPONSOR?
IASB Annual Convention - What's New
|There are quite a few new elements that have been added to this year's convention - please take a moment to review what's new - if you have questions, please contact the IASB Office. If you have not registered for the convention yet, please click here.
April 19-21, 2013
Miami, Florida, USA
Thursday Welcome Reception
Networking remains a primary benefit of the convention so make plans to attend this annual event which has been transformed into an International Gathering & Celebration which will include an enhanced menu with action stations featuring food from around the world. A cash bar will be available.
The event is scheduled for Thursday, April 18 from 6:30 - 8:30PM. Check in at the Convention Registration Desk to pick up your conference packet and credentials which will grant you access to the event.
Tickets for spouses and guests may be purchased at the convention registration desk beginning at 5PM. Special thanks to our Station Sponsors for making this event possible.
Friday Restaurant Recommendations
After the Reception on Friday, make plans to experience Miami's famous South Beach. The reception venue is just steps away from a variety of restaurants located along Lincoln Road or walk a few blocks east to the beachside restaurants located on Ocean Drive. Participants are encouraged to make reservations ahead of time - below is a list of restaurants recommended by our Saturday Opening Keynote and South Beach native, Bruce Turkel:
- Casa Tua — Very good, very expensive Italian in a beautifully restored building.
- Icebox Café — Very casual good food on the side of Lincoln Road. They’re known for their cakes so leave room for dessert.
- Juvia — One of South Beach’s latest hot spots. Perched on the top of Herzog and deMuron designed parking garage on the West tip of Lincoln Road. Seeing the parking garage alone makes it worth the trip. Expensive and reservations are a must.
- Khong River House — Northern Thai cuisine.
- Osteria de Teatro — A lovely classic Italian restaurant on Española Way. Known for their fish dishes. Make a reservation and make sure you stroll on Espaõla Way after dinner
- Rosanella — Inexpensive Italian Tratorria
- Van Dyke — Salads and sandwiches are fine, but most go here for the people watching. Take a table outside and you’ll enjoy the passing show.
- Yardbird — Nouvelle Southern cuisine
Note: Transportation from the hotel to the Reception venue will be provided; however, those that wish to dine/stay in South Beach will be "on their own" for transportation back to the hotel.
21st Century Bureau Master Class
The Convention officially ends on Saturday after the awards banquet. For IASB Members that wish to experience some out-of-the-box thinking with two thought leaders, we have planned a Master Class for Sunday at an off-site venue (breakfast is incuded for participants and the venue is a short walk from the hotel). For more info on the session, click here.
Pre-registration for this program is required. If you didn't select this session when you registered but would like to attend, please RSVP by April 5.
Note: this program is for IASB Members only.
Friday Reception Venue
New World Symphony Center
South Beach, Miami
Need Airport Transportation?
Click here to find out
about a 25% discount
on sedan service
provided by Savoya
For ideas of things
to do in Miami, click here.