Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about IASB and Membership…if you do not see your question listed or need more information, please contact the IASB Office at (480) 839-1423.
Q - Who is eligible to be a member of the International Association of Speakers Bureaus (IASB)?
A - Membership is open to a company or individual whose primary business is booking, representing and/or managing speakers or presenters. A company or individual must have annual revenue that is a minimum of 51% from the afore referenced activities or if entity is a division of another company, the division must produce a minimum annually of $1,000,000 (USD or equivalent) from the afore referenced activities.
Q - Why should I be a member of IASB?
A - IASB is the only trade association that exclusively represents speakers bureaus and agencies. In addition to building relationships with other members, your company will have the benefit of:
- Access to information and updates about the industry.
- Discounted rates to attend IASB programs including the annual convention.
- Access to Resources to assist you in managing your business.
- Complimentary listing in the publicly accessible "Member Directory" on the IASB website.
- Having a voice in the Meetings and Events industry via the Convention Industry Council (CIC).
- Discounted rates to attend partnering organizations such as the National Speakers Association.
- And much more. New opportunities are being offered. Contact the IASB office to learn other reasons why you should be a member of IASB. You may reach someone who can assist you at (480) 839-1423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q - Does IASB guarantee new business for its members?
A - When ever a meeting professional contacts IASB and requests assistance in locating a speaker they are referred to the "Bureau Directory" on the IASB website. Whenever possible, IASB encourages meeting professionals to seek out member bureaus when searching for speakers.
Q - How do I go about joining IASB?
A - You may download the membership application from the Membership Information Page or contact the IASB office at (480) 839-1423 and request a membership application be emailed or mailed to you.
Q - Where can I see a List of Members?
A - You may view a listing of IASB Members who have opted to be in our public web directory. This will take you to a searchable database where you may search by company name, state, or country.
For a complete listing of our members, please contact the IASB office at (480) 839-1423 or email@example.com. Please note that this listing does not contain email addresses.